Body Color:
Menu Color:
Main Color:

Quick Link Information Below
arrow graphic About Us
arrow graphic School Cafe Website
arrow graphic Nutrition Links
arrow graphic Free & Reduced - Apply Online
arrow graphic MyPaymentsPlus
arrow graphic District Website
arrow graphic
arrow graphic Career Opportunities
arrow graphic Calendar Menus
Contact Us Information Below

 East Central ISD Child Nutrition

12271 Donop Road
San Antonio, TX  78223
ph 210-634-6260


How do I get free or reduced price school meals for my children?

You must complete an Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals Form and return it to the school or to the Child Nutrition office at 6634 New Sulphur Springs Rd.

  • Households getting food stamps or TANF. You only have to include your children's names and case numbers, and an adult household member must sign the form.
  • Households that do not get food stamps or TANF. If you do not have a case number, you must include the names of all household members, the amount of income each person received last month and where the income came from. An adult household member must sign the form and include his or her social security number, or indicate that he or she has no social security number.
  • Households with foster children. You must include the children's names and the amount of "personal use" income the children received last month, and an adult must sign the form.

Do I need to fill out a new form each year?

All families on the Free and Reduced Meal Program must submit a new application for the 2012-13 school year.  Prior year status approval for Free and Reduced Meals will expire as soon as the new application is processed or after 30 days, which is October 8, 2012.

Will the form be verified?

Your eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to send written evidence that shows that your children should get free or reduced price school meals.

Will information on my form be kept confidential?

We will use the information on your form to decide if your children should get free or reduced price meals. We may inform officials with other child nutrition, health and educational programs of the information on your form to determine benefits for those programs or for funding and/or evaluation purposes.

Can I apply for free and reduced price meals later?

You may apply for free and reduced price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change, like a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed or get food stamps or TANF, complete another form then.

Who do I call if I have other questions regarding the Free and Reduced Program?

You can call the ECISD Child Nutrition Office at 648-7861


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement (English)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement (Spanish)


De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:




  |  Register